These are the reasons why I choose Globe
and the reasons why you should not. Just to be fair I wrote 5 things I like about and 5 things I dislike. One of those 10 things I listed below is the reason why I persuade to make this post.
1. The Best Ever mySUPERPLAN -For me, it’s the best postpaid plan that a network can offer. You can now take full control of your plan, letting you fully customize & personalize it even further. You’ll have a corresponding Peso Value that you can allocate to pay for Combos and giving you almost double your load. So for example, when you plan to have an Samsung Galaxy S4 for only 999/month(with 1700PV), you’ll have to pay P10,100 cashout (+P999 1 month advance payment) for 30-month contract period(actually you can take the S4 free for as low as 1799 without cashout with 30-month contract period) . Cashout depends on the length of desired contract. I think the Plan 999 is most affordable plan to get an LTE gadget with an unlimited dataplan of an LTE network. When you check the other networks and how their plan works compare to Globe, I may indeed choose Globe.
2. No Deduction of load for wrong keyword -It’s annoying when you only have an exact amount of load but always diminish every time you send a wrong keyword to subscribe for their service(unlimited text for example). Compare to Smart, there’s no load deduction on Globe for sending them a wrong sms keyword. In fact, Globe has user-friendly mobile self–service menu, just dial “*143#”
3. Points and Rewards -Globe gives reward to their
loyal prepaid(and even postpaid) subscribers by giving points for every reload. These points may be used to redeem rewards. There’s a lot of items to be redeemed depending on the number of points you have. For me, Globe Rewards has the easiest ways to understand about their mechanics, registrations and redemption.
4. Easy to ‘ Share-a-load’ – You don’t need to remember numbers where to send when you need to share a load with someone nor what keyword needs. Just text the amount and send to “2”+10 digit numbers(ex. 29176614188). It’s up to you if want to have PIN for security purposes.
5. Talk to Globe on Twitter – If you have any complaints about Globe, you can easily reach them on Twitter, on their @talk2globe account. They also have an individual twitter accounts, @(insertname)ofGLobe. They are the
minions army of Globe Telecom who handle customer’s dissatisfaction, annoyance, expostulation and grievance. Just beware those fake customer service Twitter accounts.
1. Weak Signal – I don’t know if it’s true or just an Urban legend that Globe’s signal is weak every time it rains (or after the rains
or always). As I just read on my Twitter timeline, some of them complaining about this issue. This time I don’t want to compare Globe with other networks because almost all of those have a ‘signal’ issue. Globe signal varies depends on location, unfortunately, mine has an EDGE signal that always give me a terrible internet connection. If you’ll plan to buy a Globe Tatto, I suggest to read “Before you buy a Globe Tattoo, there’s things you should know” for you to be aware some things about the service.
2. Postpaid Billing Problems – I believe that there’s a lot of issues involve in billing and payment for Globe postpaid subscribers. I’m not a postpaid subscriber but my friends(and my Twitter timeline) told me about the issues they dealing with. One of the testimonials I’ve search is the article from lifesmytrip.com entitled “My Woes with Globe Telecom“.
3. Limited ‘Unlimited Internet Surfing’ – Limited ‘unlimited surfing’, that’s too ironic with their tag lines ‘Live without limits’ and ‘Go lang nang Go’ right? I experienced this kind of problem, they notified me via sms that I exceeded their bandwidth cap of 800MB/day and they advised me to wait until 12 mn to reset my consumption or just disconnect the service and subscribe to another unlisurf service – it’s quite annoying. They said that the reason why is to eliminate abusers who are using it to download big files like torrents and movies, well, they should have replace their service title as well, to eliminate confusion. I think ‘Not-So-Unlimited Surfing’ promo will do.
Update: Globe revised their fair policy, now, they will not disconnect the unlimited service rather, they will reduce the speed of your internet connection into 2G.
4. Processing Postpaid Application – Just happened recently, I tried to apply postpaid plan. I already submitted the requirements but seems they have a slow-moving process that needs to thrust hundred follow-ups before they push through my application. According to CSR that I’ve talked, they will process my application within 3-4 days after I submit the requirements, but they response and gave me a call 10 days after just to inform me that I’m not capable for the plan I applied. That’s awful to keep me waiting for nothing. Anyway, why there’s a discrimation for BPO employees?
5. I tried to be fair but I think those are the only things I dislike about Globe. Well if you have any, feel free to share it with me. I think this slot belongs to you now. What can say about Globe? By the way, just to acknowledge Globe, thank you for not accepting my postpaid application and I’ve come up with this blogpost.